Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Blog Maps

Here is a small tip that I have only just found out .......... it is important to have your visitors map at the very top of your blog or you may be losing up to two-thirds of your hits!!!

My favourite visitor map is by Clustrmap and for those who would like to add one then you can obtain one for free from: http://clustrmaps.com/

I have now finally moved my Clustrmap nearer to the top of the page - so I shall see if this tip works!

Little added note: This appears to be working. I have been asked if I know why this - apparently the higher up the blog that the map is located means that it is more likely to be loaded as one of the first items. If the map is low down then a person may have clicked onto your blog or website checked out what they are looking for and be off before the map has finished loading - that will then not count as a visit!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask you what the map was for but I figured that out. I might just get one for my blog too. I like it. Thanks for the info!!

Unknown said...

thanks for the tip. I still have to make a site map though. Any ideas where I should get one?

Over The Top Aprons said...

Thanks for the tip.

MamaFlo said...

Can you explain why this is so?